Translate

Saturday 18 June 2011

The Race to Become Poor

So following my earlier reasoning, I would say we are in a moral race to become poor... and to do so quickly before the world persuades us to seek to become rich and before we die, when it becomes too late.

I reckon this follows on from my reasoning that God exists, is personal, is love (purest love) and has sent Jesus Christ as His most faithful and true representative (see earlier postings for how I came to these conclusions). It follows the last deduction in my series of deductions, that Jesus most faithfully and truly represents God's wisdom and message to humanity (especially those who believe Him): Christ Jesus, in my understanding, according to the testimony of those who heard Him firsthand, clearly taught that to have good after death, a human being must first have 'their bad things' before death.

Those already poor get a head start but need the patience of His grace to endure it and the evils that go with poverty, I reason. Those now rich need God's grace to become poor, without foolishly voiding their reward by making a fuss about what they give up in the process of getting to poverty. There is the need taught by Christ's Apostle Paul, to do all this in love. "If I give all I have to the poor... but have not love I profit nothing... The greatest [way] is love." If my blog postings end on that note, I'm happy: Let us love because love comes from God; God is love (to quote the 'other' apostle, John). The Apostle Peter made it clear when he wrote: "Let us make every effort to add to our faith goodness and to goodness knowledge and to knowledge self-control and to self-control perseverance and to perseverance godliness and to godliness brotherly kindness and to brotherly kindness love. If you possess these qualities in ever increasing measure they will keep you from being unproductive in your knowledge of God... You will never fall..."