Translate

Monday 26 October 2015

Practising what we preach

I have to give credit to someone very special to me for metaphorically rescuing me from muggers and from a gutter of the street yet having to repratedly point out my own hypocrisy in pushing scripture yet not obeying it myself. I also owe this person credit for pointing out that others do the same as I was doing - and so are hypocritical too. So many discuss scriptures and give expert opinions on scriptures but do not obey the main tenet of Christ which is kindness to the needy nor do they preach this part of scripture the way Christ did. So many are deluded by preaching scripture and studying it but not obeying it in the main way God entended as Christ showed. "Do this and you will live" He said of the Samaritan who helped the victim of crime. We do well to let people focus just on that and not burden people with heavy loads we ourselves cannot bear. The next main thing is truthfulness of speach and the Spirit teaches that as a primary lesson. At least He did so to me because I had a lying habit. How many have a lying habit! Just these two obediences would be revolutionary when people keep them and would give belivers more sanctification than all the Bible reading and Bible bashing in the world would do.