Translate

Monday 8 February 2016

Have Faith in God

Almost two thousand years ago disciples of Lord Jesus Christ recorded His teaching that faith can move mountains. So disciples today are still faced with this challenge; are they exercising such faith and moving mountains by it? You have to flex faith like a muscle. You can do it - you just put doubts out of your head. It takes a struggle to dismiss all those people saying 'it won't work' and take it on trust from Jesus 'God will work'. Try it. You might fail a few times but that is no crime. It is a good fight. Helps when you start with certainty - something you can be certain God will do. Then say it. Tell that thing which you believe God will make happen for you 'Happen!' and dispell all doubt against it until it has happened. If you start with something you have word of God and perhaps also Spirit of God within urging you to believe God is willing to do it helps. Years ago I told someone who knew my struggle that I was convicted that my discipleship was only partial because I hadn't learned the miraculous side of Jesus' teachings. I read books and one helped a lot with short passages of what Jesus promised written out big so you could sit and meditate on each promise. I let them fill my psyche and it made me a new person really - positive in hope and faith in Jesus. Then I heard preaching about telling the mountain to move as Jesus taught. I had terrible pain from a burn on my finger with a nasty burn blister and I couldn't concentrate as he preached yet I knew this was a message I should hear from God so here was the opportunity to show faith as Jesus said. I shut my eyes as I took in the teaching of what Jesus said and then in certainty without doubt told the pain and burn "Go". The pain went instantl and I carried on listening to a great preacher preach God's word as Jesus gave it. The struggle was fierce against thoughts people would tell me 'it will come back - you are imagining the pain has gone' but I succeeded putting the thoughts away and believing still. After the sermon I looked and the blister was gone. The pain had never come back. A physical change like that struck me as power of the Creator by which He made all things. I used this faith over the years and saw wonders.