Translate

Sunday 19 June 2016

From Whence Comes Your Life?

Life is like a mysterious force for good. Life is what we need most but what we control least. It is not really in our hands. A health service might seem to be able to keep me alive when I near my death but even if it can it can only do so for a little while then mortality takes over. But life is more than a beating heart and an active brain. It might be better with some light relief and a little luxury but there is still more to it. I have spiritual yearning for input to mind and soul and spirit. I need to know. I might not know what it is my spirit craves but I need to know God and know He is there for me. This gives rest to my soul. Rest is a major source of a fuller life. Soul rest even more than mental and physical rest. Singing helps. Why it helps is little understood perhaps and underappreciated. Much helps but I cannot guarantee those things I need nor can society. There is one side of life I know is most important by the teachings of The Christ. It is the source of life to which I have a link and that is not some political or social system or institution and not a life support machine or even Mother Nature but God Himself. The greatest life comes from having Christ as part of me and me part of Christ who is Himself part of God and God part of Christ. United with Christ means a life that is to the greatest measure is directed at me and eternally available to me as long as I keep the connection and He keeps me. Keeping Christ's teachings is key to this once you believe that Christ truly is.