Translate

Thursday 26 January 2017

How I Know Jesus Is God's Son

After decades trying to simply follow the apostles teachings with Jesus' teachings I asked God over and over to do what it seemed Jesus promised He would do for those obedient - I asked that instead of me having to convince myself about God all the time, instead of that God would show Himself to me (in a dream say) as Father and Son and Holy Spirit. Then one night I saw in a dream God standing there in a long gown like you see in pictures and He said "I am God" before telling me things that would happen the next day and what I must do. They happened like He said and I was astounded it was indeed God. Then days or weeks later (Jan 1995 I think) I was going to a river near home in a torrential rainstorm with a huge umbrella up and as I came back a voice clearly said "Put down your umbrella" and as soon as I did that torrential downpour stopped dead. I just remembered the miracle of Jesus giving a great catch of fish and how the disciples said "It is the Lord" and I said the same. I asked that night that if it was indeed Jesus He would do such and such by the morning and amazingly He did and I was stunned. Weeks or months later the Holy Spirit showed Himself to me in an Assemblies of God church when tongues were spoken and an interpretation of the angelic words given me describing how by the authority of Lord Jesus' name all creation persists. To me this proves that Jesus is truly the Son of God, or more precisely, it is God proving in action to me that Jesus is His Son. I was asking God to show me God the Father and God's Son and it was God and Jesus who showed themselves. The Holy Spirit sealed it all by His manifestation too. The fact it verifies teachings like John's shows me too that Jesus died like John says and the fact it verifies Jesus is alive now verifies He is raised by God, and that again shows He is God's Son. This is important since many and even the Muslim interpretation of their scriptures, deny this. Seeing Jesus Son of God need not be with the eyes. A blind man can 'see' a person by perceiving them. Jesus can reveal His power and glory with a miracle and a whisper. He said 'blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe' so when I asked God that God's Son would show Himself to me I was troubled by the loss of blessing it might be so (probably misunderstanding Jesus' saying) I asked not to see Him visibly. He was careful to show me so my inner soul could perceive Him but not my eyes. I 'saw' an awful lot though. Wonderful! I saw Him like a blind man would see Him. I perceived Him because He made me perceive Him.  God, Son of God, Spirit all three (yes, united as one, it is true) showed absolute wisdom in the ways each showed Himself to little old me by overcoming so wisely my obstacles and defenses and proving things I had no idea could be proven like that. This was not me imagining things. They each made that clear. Very very wise and with absolute power but gentleness too. These guys do not mess around! Why not go the way to seeing Him for yourself: Jesus at the last supper was sayingbthese things John 14:20-23 New American Bible (Revised Edition) "On that day you will realize that I am in my Father and you are in me and I in you. Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.” Judas, not the Iscariot, said to him, “Master, [then] what happened that you will reveal yourself to us and not to the world?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him."   When I asked Jesus to confirm it was Him I was back indoors. I was about to go to sleep. I saw a dressing gown hanging on a nail in the wall which I had never used because I never got up in the night. I asked that if it is Him who was appearing to me that the dressing gown would be off that wall by the morning. In the night something inside me forced me to wake up and get up. It was like it got past my mental defenses. Like the outer door of my mind was ignored and the inner door knocked on without opening the outer door. I got up immediately and took the dressing gown off the wall and suddenly remembered my request for confirmation. How clever He is. I knew He knew my mind better than I did as having the Master keys. He is the Master of me. Jesus in Revelation 3:20-22 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”