Translate

Monday 25 June 2018

Have Faith in God

Growing up my mother taught me to pray and that God answers and always, always, always God did answer my prayers. My mother taught me the words of Jesus and read from a children’s bible to me and I always looked to follow Jesus. At a certain age I started to say to others the matter of following Jesus must include doing the miracles He teaches His followers to do - miracles like He does. A new phase was starting for me even while young. Later I went to university and attended a famous church and one Sunday the famous preacher spoke at length expounding the saying of Jesus “Have faith in God. If anyone says to this mountain ‘Move and plant yourself in the sea’ and does not doubt in his heart, it will be so. The Father will make it so”. That morning I had burnt my finger on the toaster and it had a bad blister and the pain was severe. I tried to listen to the preacher with my eyes closed to help me concentrate but I could not concentrate with the pain like it was. I knew this was a situation like Jesus had been addressing and I must tell the pain to go. I listened to the preacher preaching with sincere faith those words of Jesus and I obeyed. In the quiet of my thoughts I said to the severe pain “Go!”. My eyes stayed shut so I did not see what happened but the pain completely vanished. I carried on listening as the preacher preached at length and fought off fierce thoughts of what doubting worldly people might want to say - that the pain would come back. It didn’t. After the sermon I looked and the blister had gone. It never came back. I told the preacher afterwards and he glofified God saying the preaching of the words of Jesus faithfully must lead to such things. Nowadays I often enjoy watching him preaching such things on mainstream TV. God is so faithful. I learned over the following years to do more and more like that and did great things in exercising of this faith. I learned to use it to command storms and make them stop immediately - well God did the stopping and I just did the commanding. Once years later Jesus met me in a severe storm which was causing local flooding. I had a big golfing umbrella up as torrential rain poured down and He said into my mind “Put down your umbrella!”. It was with such authority so I immediately folder it down and as I did so the rain stopped so instantly that not a drop touched me. I knew this was Jesus but asked a sign that night to seek confirmation and He caringly did it. So I know He affirms His lesson on faith in God by practising it too and showing it is right.