Translate

Saturday 8 September 2018

Speaking in Church is not for Everyone

SPEAKING IN CHURCH NOT FOR EVERYONE


About twenty years ago I went to a church where many were allowed speak in meetings but my (now) wife advised me not to speak while still a newcomer there. Someone spoke saying that EVERYONE should speak. I knew this was dangerous because it might encourage women to speak without knowing it was right for them to stay silent in church. So the day of the next meeting I prayed asking God to tell them through others that not everyone should speak in services. That morning service the leader split the attenders into two groups about twenty or thirty in each group. In the group I was in there were three young men who spoke in turn and each said that it was right for some to speak but for others they did best to just listen quietly citing Mary listening at the feet of Jesus. One of these young men spoke so powerfully and prophetically that I asked afterwards who he was. They said he rarely came but was known as a prophet and must have come that day led by God to say this.