Translate

Saturday 20 April 2019

Mutual Feeding

Taking the Book of Enoch to heart you kind of know when the Son of Man comes into the world He and all His deeds were always going to be food for the righteous to live on. So He admitted pointedly (John 6) “My flesh is real food and My blood is real drink”. Yet in Revelation the fuller picture emerges that we who believe Him are food for Him too. What kind of food are we? Easily eaten food is usually served hot or served cold. It is not easy to swallow and enjoy when it is luke warm. You tend to want to spit it out and find a better meal. Here is what He said about some:

“I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”


His deeds are so utterly wholesome we can be thrilled to dwell on thoughts and memories of Him. How thrilling His warmth and the vibrancy and appropriateness of His deeds. What about our deeds? We can focus on seeking that our deeds thrill Him too. He will be feeding on us like He wants us to feed on Him.