Translate

Thursday 30 April 2020

Words of the Holy Spirit

The blessed Holy Spirit says to “Build the Temple” and “Consider the trees how they put out buds and leaves. They do so by the authority, power of the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.”

Yet sternly God says “Israel has sinned” and the sign of it is the eagle overhead, the mass surveillance cameras everywhere, heralding of wars and planning of wars. So love God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength and all your mind. And with all your voice!

Years ago I was pondering a question that came to mind about why so often, if people became a serious threat to my life or family, a catastrophe befell them suddenly foiling their threat. Maybe it is this, I thought “the Angel of the LORD encamps around those that fear Him”. Suddenly the Spirit told me “Daniel 3”. It was a crystal-clear voice. I guessed it was a biblical reference so I went into the next room where there was an open Bible that someone had given me and I looked up Daniel chapter three and right at the end was the word “Angel” and it had a reference beside it, a cross reference to that verse in the Psalm “the Angel of the LORD encamps around those that fear Him”. Now I keep that Bible open on that verse now to honour the Holy Spirit.

Oh there is joy in living life to obey the vision from heaven that the Holy Spirit gives some believers. “Build the Temple”, He says. He means the body of believers and the tasks He gives to do will build them up into the Temple of God. That is what I happily spend my life doing. Doing tasks given by God to feed Christ’s people spiritually to build them up into a Temple for God. King Solomon the Wise relished the task. King David his father was bowled over at knowing his son would have this honour. Kings have longed for such a life.