Translate

Monday 25 May 2020

Personal Faith

Finding a safe way through this life and having hope for the hereafter, learning the true path and finding a good moral compass is a matter of believing personally. I cannot do that for you. Maybe my faith standing firm might help your growth of faith but my faith cannot replace your need for faith. We each are persuaded individually. So I need to be persuaded well for my faith to grow. You need to be persuaded well for your faith to grow. For me my faith long depended on those around me and how they read and understood each other and scriptures and works God did among them. Then it changed a little to depend on what God did in me personally and on how I understand the scriptures personally, and I started to rely not merely on those who taught me and testified to me but more on what I witnessed personally of Christ. Then twenty five years ago I witnessed Christ in a major way that is now my bedrock. He met me and showed me what He does and who He is and the Father showed that this Jesus who met me is His Son and the Holy Spirit in church sealed it, utterly. You too can become more knowledgeable in this way, with a faith based on works of God like this. Put aside your exaggerated certainty and gain real certainty instead.