Translate

Friday 9 April 2021

A denial stance

An acquaintance of mine thinks Jesus doesn’t exist. So until he changes his mind, he must think he is on his own. His only hope is that Jesus convinces him to change his mind - or someone else convinces him. That might be possible, even with his denial stance: Like a Damascus Road experience. I had a word with Jesus for him. We’ll see if he gets convinced that Jesus exists; that he’s not on his own; that there is hope for him forever. I am reminded that Jesus died for him. Maybe Jesus will convince him that He exists. Even the apostle of Christ who started Christianity in India initially thought Jesus was dead, until Jesus changed Thomas’ mind. This chap is a lot further behind than Thomas but hey, that just makes it more fun when he finds out Jesus is. There are a lot of churchgoers who are in the same position as him. In my case He showed me convincingly He exists. Plus that the gospels got it right. Then over the following years I got to piece it together that He was crucified and rose to live forever. I was rather slow on the uptake getting my head around things. It is a personal growth thing.