Translate

Tuesday 18 May 2021

Believing in Jesus

I suppose what made me, as a young child, probably not even yet in school, believe Jesus and trust in Him, when read the things He said, was the way He championed our eternal needs by what He said. It was the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus, and I remember feeling deep trust in Jesus for telling what I need for escaping Hades torment. He was able to tell it clearly and He did not fail to tell us the tough truth because we need it so much. I never stopped trusting Him from then on. Over the years He lived up to that trust, meeting my eternal needs in many ways, proving He is alive and perfected in glorious power. The Father saw Jesus perfect enough to be our sacrifice and clearly has truly raised Him from the dead, since Jesus has made Himself known to me so clearly, once I had eventually learned to obey His teachings. It proved to me too that the teachings in the gospels must be true because Jesus so faithfully honours the promises in them.