Translate

Saturday 18 September 2021

As in the days of Noah

I was raised on the Bible, reading it from an early age. It stands out in my memory that as a child I was fascinated with the verse in Genesis 6 about the Nephilim and why nobody ever mentioned it in church. I remember fascination too with the verse in the Epistle of Jude quoting Enoch and wondered why nobody mentioned this in church either. Another thing that perplexed me was why nobody worked miracles in church or even entertained the possibility of casting out a demon, rarely even acknowledging the existence of demons. Only when I found the Book of Enoch when I was in my thirties did I realise all this was connected. Then I realised the lack of miracles went back to a time when the churches rejected the Book of Enoch around 1700 years ago. Now the miracles have started again, Holy Spirit gifts too. Now the Book of Enoch is getting acceptance too. God is blessing us. The days are drawing near spoken of in Enoch 1:1, as in the days of Noah.