Translate

Tuesday 14 December 2021

That umbrella moment

The reality is that sometimes Jesus speaks in person to somebody. “Put down your umbrella!” Jesus said to me. I put it down. No hesitation. The storm immediately stopped dead. So those few words are frozen into my soul. They revive me. They tell me faith outweighs technology. We need to put spirit above matter. Jesus is more about faith, real active powerful faith, than technology such as umbrellas. 

There was always a favourite hymn I often played on piano in my young days. 

“Jesu lover of my soul, let me to thy bosom fly. While the nearer waters roll. While the tempest still is nigh. Hide me oh my saviour hide, till the toil of life is past. Safe into the haven guide. Still receive my soul at last. Other refuge have I none, Hangs my helpless soul on thee; Leave, ah! leave me not alone, Still support and comfort me: All my trust on thee is stayed, All my help from thee I bring. Cover my defenceless head With the shadow of thy wing.”

He echoed it all for me in that moment.