Translate

Wednesday 6 July 2022

High office and power - a lesson in politics

 British politics on July 5th 2022 sad but it did help me understand by contrast the permanent lordship of Jesus Christ. Boris the PM just sacked influential, important partner of the PM for Brexit, Gove. I asked myself: What if HM the Queen reinstated Gove? It would not happen of course, but what if the Queen made Gove a replacement PM? This would make Gove very strong indeed in standing as PM. The sacking would only add gravity to it. Now I move my thoughts to how Jesus got not sacked but literally crucified by the powers of Rome and the Jewish high priest office in Jerusalem, first century AD. Yet God raising Jesus from the dead reinstated Jesus to such a strong standing, as more than PM, as Lord and Christ. The promotion of a man to office of PM by a monarch is impermanent because the monarch is impermanent, mortal. God is eternal. So Lordship given Jesus by God raising Jesus His Son from the dead after crucifixion cruelly curtailed his life, this is permanent, eternal, supremely glorious. Thank you Mr Johnson for helping me understand how power works in high office.