Translate

Tuesday 16 August 2022

A warning for all, whatever our religion or lack of religion

 I remember my days listening to long sermons in church and always worrying how to tell people around me about the risks of the hereafter that be impressed on me in church and in my religious reading. My earliest religious memory is of hearing that Jesus taught about when we die we could go to a place of suffering or to a place of comfort, depending on our fortunes or misfortunes in this life and what we did or didn't do to help the unfortunate. This gave me a deep trust in Jesus that he more than anyone told the truth according to what people need for not just this life but the next and the judgement day after that and eternity. Now looking back it strikes me that Jesus did see my concern for what to tell others and God heard my prayers about it. The answer in the teachings of Jesus recorded in scriptures tells how the warnings are all there in scriptures, but Jesus knows that most today are oblivious to the fact that there are scriptures he had in mind that people today do not even know exist, even if they are raised religiously and have had religions, sects or denominations instructing them. There is the Holy Spirit who today imparts what Jesus knows and makes it known to believers. By this spirit I came to know that there is a genuine book of scripture little known outside African Ethiopic churches and Beta Israel groups: It is the Book of Enoch. Without knowledge of this book, I'll try putting this carefully (many would argue with it), it is not well-known what really awaits us after death. We should all take warning from the Book of Enoch, no matter our religious leanings and traditions. We all have to face the same choices in this life and results in the hereafter when it comes to looking our for others and avoiding violent ways, while understanding whether we are fortunate in only this life with misfortune stored up for the next.