Translate

Tuesday 17 October 2023

Did you receive the Holy Spirit since you believed?

 If you believe in Jesus Christ and hold to his teachings, do you remember specific events given by God where there was something not normal that happened miraculously so you could be absolutely sure you just received the Holy Spirit? Once he comes there is a frequent upwelling but that first time and then subsequent times there are distinct visitations. For me it was after praying more and more earnestly for years after a friend asked me questions like this. My prayers reached a peak of earnestness and suddenly came a vision of a builders’ bucket tipping out in front of me and words like subtitles said BUILD THE TEMPLE. I asked for threefold confirmation this was God giving me the Holy Spirit. I went to a special service either that day or the next maybe. Three sunday school girls had written a song together and they sang it. It went “Build, build, build the temple”. A church man played a guitar singing about building the temple. Then an elderly member preached a sermon about King David sitting in shock before God having been told his son would build the temple and he exclaimed in gratitude to God, “Is this an honour you bestow on many that you grant them to build your temple?!” Many months maybe years later I was taken to a church by my lay preaching supervisor who assured me I would witness speaking in tongues. I was awe struck as we went. The leader in the church got up and spoke amazingly eloquent and astonishing words in some unearthly language and it inspired these words in my head as I heard the words in tongues: Consider the trees, they put forth buds and leaves. They do so by the power/authority of the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Then the leader said some more which inspired words in my head about orbits of planets. Then he actually said in English these very same words. I asked him later about it and he could not remember that it happened. He must have been in some spiritual state.