Translate

Sunday 24 December 2023

It is the Lord

 The rain poured in torrents from the sky. It had been a time of flooding locally with homes destroyed. Now my umbrella was all that stopped me getting drenched. It was torrential like seldom seen in our area. I had just been reading in the Bible: “Come see the works of the Lord the destructions He has wrought” and “The Lord presides over the flood” so I went down to a river nearby to see the river in flood and better know and worship God. On the way back I had up a huge umbrella (golfing umbtella) keeping me dry in the torrents as I walked up Blackswarth Road in Bristol, UK. Suddenly it was like a crystal clear voice in my mind said “Put down your umbrella!” It had such absolute authority to it that immediately I put down the umbrella in the torrential rain. The drivers of cars driving past could see it happen. The rain just stopped completely in an instant. It was so sudden that there was not a single drop, it seemed, that touched me, as I folded up that huge umbrella. I said to myself “It is the Lord” and remembered the disciples saying it too after the resurrection when Jesus stood on the shore as they fished and told them to put the net on the other side and they caught loads. I asked confirmation it was actually Jesus himself. I lived on my own and never had visitors. Near my bed was a nail in the wall and on it had hung a dressing gown for a long time, unworn, never used. I asked this Lord who had come to me, “Lord if that is you, if you are Jesus Christ, may the dressing gown be off the wall by the morning”. Of course I imagined I would wake up and see it on the floor. I went to sleep. In the middle of the night I was suddenly, in my sleep, felt a tremendously compelling spirit deep inside my deepest being in my mind compelling me to wake up immediately. I jumped out of bed. Instinctively I reached out and grabbed the dressing gown pulling it off the nail holding it there. As soon as I did so, I remembered my prayer. I knew Jesus is so much my master that he reached deep into my deepest mind with that lordly spirit and commanded my very being. This is my living Lord. This is the Son of God.