Translate

Friday 27 May 2011

Sing!

"They also serve who only stand and wait" said the famous poet. I beg to differ, to some extent.

Humans clearly aren't the only creatures with the ability to sing but maybe they are the only ones with such reluctance to use that ability. Humans, Catch up with nature! The birds sing, why not humans? Yes there is much singing heard around the world but mostly a few people singing and everyone else listening. Why doesn't everyone sing? Some like to sing in the bath. (Maybe they want to be heard so that nobody charges in on them unaware they are there.) Some like to sing in church. Some like to sing in karaokes. Why is it then that when I walk down the road I'm afraid to sing aloud because of people thinking I'm peculiar or demented? Why do I have to sing in my head or keep my singing to my own apartment? What is it with people and other people singing? Singing is natural. More than that, it can be spiritual and noble, especially to sing the praise of the Creator, glorifying Him as one of His creatures.

If they also serve who only stand and wait, how much better they might serve - serve their Creator - if they sang (His praises) too.