Translate

Saturday 1 October 2016

God's Son

Once, when trying to be a lay gospel preacher, twenty or so years ago, I earnestly asked in prayer to see God and to see the Son of God and to witness the Holy Spirit so I could preach what I really knew. In showing me over the following months what was granting me the answer to my prayer, God was very effectively acknowledging to me that Jesus is His Son. The sign Jesus did was commendation of Him to me as His Son by God the Father. The coming to me in church of the Holy Spirit soon after confirms it. So now to know that God commended Jesus as His Son those days when two thousand years back Jesus mnistered in Judea and Galilee and to know that God showed Enoch more than four or maybe five thiusand years ago that Jesus known then as the Son of Man is His chosen designated Son by preincarnate Jesus' righteousness and faith, knowing all this makes for a poignant meditation on truth. Having witnessed Jesus myself I know it to be true that Jesus truly is God's own real Son.