Translate

Sunday 30 October 2016

Opposition to the Testimony that Jesus Christ died and rose

The Quran has the following passage which gets quoted when I tell about Jesus Christ dying for our sins. "And [We cursed them] for their disbelief and their saying against Mary a great slander, And [for] their saying, 'Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah .' And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise." (Quran 4:156-158)
My experience is (no lie or fabrication) that confirmation of the message of Christ dying for me was given me directly in truthful power of a spirit within me increasing power in my voice when I confessed truthfully and not when I spoke untruthfully which happened to me just as I prayed with a street preacher who preached 'Christ died for you'. The words hit home in me so I told him about it and asked his help because it never hit home like that before. He took my inside a church in Birmingham centre (UK) and prayed with me and let me pray. As I confessed in prayer in words of truth my voice suddenly became ten times stronger and when I erred from honesty the power went away but kept coming back when I spoke the truth with candour. It continued like that afterwards as I prayed with other Christians in a meeting after the street preaching finished. There have been many such things since teaching me that God is truthful and that the testimony of the gospels is truthful (as I must be).
That spirit power especially surged in my voice (I'm not lying) when in that meeting with Christians we sang this hymn   "And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior’s blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain—
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
’Tis mystery all: th’Immortal dies:
Who can explore His strange design?
In vain the firstborn seraph tries
To sound the depths of love divine.
’Tis mercy all! Let earth adore,.."