Translate

Monday 19 June 2017

God's Nightmare

Does God have nightmares to endure? His are real and ongoing. Sometimes it is us. We can be a nightmare for God and for Christ. Here is how God put it through Isaiah the Prophet:
     (from Isaiah 5)
       A song of my beloved concerning His vineyard.
            My well-beloved had a vineyard on a fertile hill.

     And He dug it all around, removed its stones,
            And planted it with the choicest vine.
            And He built a tower in the middle of it,
            And hewed out a wine vat in it;
            Then He expected it to produce good grapes,
            But it produced only worthless ones.

     “And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem and men of Judah,
            Judge between Me and My vineyard.

     “What more was there to do for My vineyard that I have not done in it?
            Why, when I expected it to produce good grapes did it produce worthless ones?

     “So now let Me tell you what I am going to do to My vineyard:
            I will remove its hedge and it will be consumed;
            I will break down its wall and it will become trampled ground.

     “And I will lay it waste;
            It will not be pruned or hoed,
            But briars and thorns will come up.
            I will also charge the clouds to rain no rain on it.”