Translate

Wednesday 16 August 2017

"Have you received the Holy Spirit since you believed?" was a question asked a group of a dozen or more followers of John the Baptist. When Apostle Paul asked this he went on to preach a gospel including their need of baptism into the teachings and name of Lord Jesus the Christ. It is all recorded in the biblical 'Book of Acts' by the gospel writer Luke. It continues to record that after they believed this gospel: "... they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied." Today this happens with various timescales and other variations of detail but the same kinds of events to a few here and there in churches and other groups. I know because it happened to me. I didn't speak in tongues but I interpreted tongues spoken by another believer. Days later I prophesied too. "Have you received the Holy Spirit since you believed?"