Translate

Monday 17 February 2020

Imagining God?

“What is the difference between imagining God and knowing God” That is the eternal life question. I do at last know the difference between imagining God and knowing God. For decades I wasn’t sure. I knew God from His constant answers to my prayers and from the sending of Jesus to be crucified for me for purification of sins, which showed His love (since I believed this), yet like many I probably did constantly imagine God too. This is why I asked over and over to see Him (to see Father and Son and Holy Spirit).

After much asking, finally God came, appearing in a vision to me as I slept one night at the end of 1994. It seems His visit was such so as to be evidence convincing me but only me personally. God does that, showing Himself to one but not others. It seems to require qualification of love towards Him before He shows Himself personally. So in this dream said “I am God” then He told me there was something I would get put on my desk tomorrow and I must look at it carefully. I never normally got things put on my desk because I was always the person at work distributing post to others. Then the next day an envelope arrived and you I looked at it and saw I must forward it by 4pm and it was five to four when I saw it so I rushed it to the person concerned, remembering their name had been mentioned in the dream, even though I had never met them before. I did it just in time. I realised that dream could not possibly have been a mere dream but had actually been God, as He had said. I immediately told my colleague and word got around. This is the Father, God.

Now at the moment, in February 2020, the UK River Severn is flooding badly. Last time it flooded as badly was probably the 1995 storm. This was just days after the dream vision of God in which the Father appeared to me. I was living next to a river near the Severn (Avon in Bristol) with similar flooding. I read in scripture that the Lord presides over such things as judge so I decided to walk to the river and see the flooding and try to think how it might be it is God judging and Jesus presiding over it. On the way back a voice shouted at me inside my head “Put down your umbrella!” I was carrying a huge umbrella like golfers use which kept me dry despite the downpour but I sensed such authority in the ‘voice’ that I folded it immediately and as I did so the rain stopped so abruptly I just knew that voice was Jesus. To be really sure I later asked for a sign and as I went to bed I saw a dressing gown never used hung on a peg. I asked that if it was really Jesus may that come down off the peg before the morning. I slept but halfway through the night I felt suddenly deeply compelled to wake up and get up. I took the dressing gown off the peg and suddenly remembered the sign request. That is Jesus.

A while later a local lay preacher heard I wanted to witness gifts of the Holy Spirit in church. He took me where he said I was sure to witness it. I felt heaviness keeping me in a vice grip of awe as we went and during the worship service. The leader spoke at a microphone in a wondrous and eloquent angelic language. The words entered my mind triggering English equivalent words. “Consider the trees, they put forth buds and leaves. They do so by the authority of the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,” and some more about orbits of planets I think. Within seconds the speaker himself gave the interpretation of his angelic words and they were just those same words that came to me in my head. That’s the Holy Spirit.