Translate

Friday 31 July 2020

Difficult words

Picture a child faced with a word like Saviour and the concept of Jesus being able to save them from what bad deeds they might otherwise do in life. I remember the difficulty growing up in a church environment hearing words like Saviour and singing the word in hymns, it was so frustrating not understanding the words but being expected to just go along with whatever they meant despite not knowing what they meant. Some end up as adults still not understanding. Yet I also had dreams in which I learned how Jesus can and does save me from dire situations, especially when I was in trouble on His behalf for standing up in support of His veracity. So I did know Him as my Saviour even before I knew this by that word. Now I realise how saving me during troubles is all part of how He saves me from committing sins which could render my life forfeit, and saving me from having to take matters into my own hands. So this leads to a dynamic peace in which to live for Him, which is what His way is all about. Just a pity the English language doesn’t have easier ways of expressing it so a child can understand. Yet heaven filled that gap once I started to believe in Jesus. Today I know it as by His crucifixion, dying to sin in order to live to Him.