Translate

Tuesday 27 October 2020

The Absurdity of Atheism

 It is actually difficult to dislike Ungod since nobody is certain what Ungod is like. This also makes it difficult to put much thought into Ungodism. Or Aungodism. I tend to think in theory I must be an aungodist because I believe Ungod does not exist. But I have no idea what being an aungodist is like since if Ungod certainly does not exist there is nothing tangible to go on. 

I tend to think it is more sensible to identify as an Aungodist rather than an Aungod2ist. There would obviously be infinite non-existent gods (including Ungod2 and Ungod3) I could identify as not believing in but I would tend towards some kind of generalisation, requiring a generic Ungod. But if I identify with not believing in Ungod then it could be construed as very specific to Ungod, not to Ungod2 or Ungod3. Perhaps I should identify as an A<ungodx>ist. I guess for that term to get traction we need to simplify it to Aungodxist. Not easy to say. Auntheistxist is no better. Perhaps I best forget this Aungodism thing as a non-starter. It works better with a real god to not believe in just to get a bit of traction and give it some meaning.