Translate

Saturday 17 September 2022

If we let him

 Maybe Satan really exists. Satan was not a god mentioned frequently in ancient writings but Egyptian god Seth is described in similar ways. Do we say that Seth exists? No. I have not heard that said. Lots of people say Satan exist, though, mainly I think because Jesus spoke about Satan as a real being. In our consciousness, yes we might accept Jesus as authority on such things but do we let that filter into our modern thinking? I admit to holding some things in scripture at arms length until I get reasons to really take it on board. With this one we see a lot of behaviour persisting in even the most morally robust areas of society such as our lawmakers, top judges, royals, PMs and top diplomats, which is behaviour akin to pro-murder hatred, anti-ethnic group lies couched as propaganda 'in the national interest' and this is like the behaviours Jesus called Satanic. I thought such things got filtered out by our institutions and HR departments as people rose in the hierarchies of power. If they reappear I find myself giving credence to the teaching that a hidden being is behind it, fostering it, raising people in these ways to murder and lie. Society fails to stamp it out because a powerful hidden being keeps on bringing it back invisibly in our leaders and also in us, if we let 'him'.