Translate

Friday 7 October 2022

The Book of Enoch - Again

 Going to church all my life until the age of forty, then recently being cut off (probably deserved it) by lockdown and then by conscience, it seems inevitable that you get to encounter this phenomenon, this being, this spirit which is called by Christians the Holy Spirit, a spirit which brings Christ's blessings to people in churches, to believers in Christ. I had to beg though. Some churches were getting lots of blessed encounters with this Spirit. They were never the churches I went to. I went to the dull, sit-in-a-pew-every-week-and-count-yourself-blessed kind of churches. Yet these churches in some cases had redeeming things in their favour such as some great preachers, and I got to at least know a bit about what I was missing, even though these churches didn't seem to object to us missing it. All I could do was plead with God to give me this Holy Spirit, and plead, and plead and search my soul, and plead and plead. For years. Until I pleaded most earnestly in the early 1990s. Something must have stirred me up around then. Anyway, it all started happening. It culminated in miraculous spiritual experiences in which this Holy Spirit spoke in my heart and the words were clearly from heaven and from Jesus and from the Father's side. But it was particularly awe-inspiring that the words were words I later found in a book I never knew existed, but which I later found was a very strong influence on Jesus Christ and was endorsed by him, as the gospels show. Clearly this Holy Spirit had been at work in producing this book. The Book of Enoch. I never expected to find a new scripture book, which is probably the very oldest scripture book, predating the Bible originally, given the provenance ascribed to it by Jesus and the epistle of Jude in the Bible. It got forgotten by the time the Anglican Protestants printed their Bible so it was not available for translation, although not long after that it did get translated into English and found its way last century into some Bible bookshops. That is where I found it, in a corner, as it were, on a shelf. I read it and saw those very words, near as anything, that the Holy Spirit had spoken to me in a Pentecostal service in the nineties.