Translate

Thursday 6 October 2022

Why believe in God and religion?

 Why believe in God and religion? When I type my password into a computer it never gets documented (even if it stored, persisted, it would be a hash of it which is stored, not the password), so nobody can prove what it is. But I still know what it is and know it works. To me, the fact my computer starts, is proof that what I remember it is, IS what it is. Nobody but myself has that proof because only I know what it is. What I am trying to say is, it is tacit knowledge. I know what I know. I might let someone see me type my password, and see that the computer accepts it, and similarly I might let someone see me pray and see the miracle happen. I know it happens. One or two others know too. I know the miracles happen. I document them. I let a couple of others see, in the will of God. It shows me conclusively Jesus tells the truth about God. I learned it from Bible teachers with faith. Others can read those scriptures too. If any other religion documents miracles people see in their lives it helps my faith too sometimes. Bible-believers have no monopoly on faith and God. There were believers long before Abraham was born. Jesus spans that time too in a mysterious way of spirit. The Holy Spirit was teaching the same things then as he teaches today.