Translate

Wednesday 21 February 2024

Cleansed by the power of God

 I remember the first powerful preaching of the gospel to reach my heart. It was devoid of Trinitarianism, Oneness, Unitarianism, etc.. It was presented in words that bypassed all the theology. Yet when those words sunk in the met me in my sense of accursedness I suffered because I was such an addicted liar who could never be honest and candidly truthful. It suddenly put real hope within me. It was outdoors in a public square. I prayed in a nearby church with the preacher helping me there in the pew of the large traditional church. It was Catholic I think but that was irrelevant compared to the hope I felt from the effect of the simple message. As I prayed aloud, after the preacher prayed for me, my words whenever honest were with a voice so strong like I had never ever spoken before, but as soon as I started getting proud and dishonest the power went away. So I just kept going back to honesty and it came back and heavenly power made my voice boom. The whole church probably noticed. It went on until the power of lying broke and I was cleansed of it. When I went away I prayed some more with believers and sang hymns and it carried on. It went on for a while. I practiced honest speech when with them and learned to do it habitually. Just because the power of heaven was teaching me how heaven wants my behaviour to be. Now what are the words of the message that did this? Here it is, four words the preacher painted on a board in the public square. CHRIST DIED FOR YOU.