Translate

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Why His Name is Given as 'I am'

God, when asked His name by Moses simply said "I am". In saying He doesn't need a name because He was when nobody else was, the Father, by calling Himself 'I am' says He was there when no other being existed and He made all others. Now only one more oerson could say He needs to name - nobody to distinguish Him from - the one who was second in existence because with just Father and Son they neither need a name because there is none beside them in the beginning. So this is what Jesus says by 'I am' - He had existence before anything else or other person except God so neither needed names. Now He carries that unique quality and right forward to after creation because everything and every person is created by Him and the Father so still there is by right no need to give a name. He can just say 'I am' at that should be enough.