Translate

Saturday 9 July 2016

God is Truly Good

I remember the days before finding a wife. It was a lonely struggle. Now having a lovely wife I can believe easily from the gift of marriage that God is good who gave her to me. Yet we see trouble around and suffer health problems and yet even in all this God's goodness is believable and praiseworthy because God warns in scriptures the kinds of warnings we need to steer our paths to avoid the worse pitfalls. Then we might suffer in a worthy way for doing good and not in a grievous way of our own fault. So we must listen to what God has said and learn through it that He is good when hearing Him saves us from bringing upon ourselves grievous harm. Some experience car accidents involving themselves and family members but we should think it is cars that are evil or the typical human insistence in driving them despite the evils they present and not attribute the evils experienced driving cars to God. I gave up driving after a nightmare so vivid I believed it to be a stern warning from God - my grandchildren being passengers in my car when I crashed and saw everything happen in great detail. I immediately gave up driving and thank God for His goodness in warning me.This was even before the warnings about climate change. So why attribute our human evils to God. God warns in scriptures that we are going astray if we do certain things so if evil results we cannot blame Him, can we. Prophets of God warn that filling the world with cars (chariots in the old days) is evil and destroying the world He made by doing what results in things like climate change brings judgment so no fault can be attributed to God.