Translate

Saturday 16 July 2016

Wedding Card, Umbrella, Nature, Scriptures

God considers the insignificant and takes what insignificant objects they have at hand to make His point and do His work. Our insignificant scope for action is enough for God who will not make is fly too close to the Sun nor put us needlessly at odds with society, law or government (unless there is very good reason for it). Wedding Card, Umbrella, Nature, Scriptures are items in the inventory of what was at hand for me that He, Father God and Lord Jesus and Holy Spirit, could use to teach me. First a wedding card needed delivering in time for a special person's wedding to help out a disciple of God and colleague of the groom at work. This urgent task was sped by God, literally, when He gave me a dream telling me to look out for it appearing on my desk at work the following day and telling me strongly to look at it, so I noticed it would be too late for the bridegroom-to-be to receive in time if I didn't deliver it back to the organiser of it immediately. Small things. Nothing too small for God when those He favours need a helping hand of comfort and joy. Umbrella was in my hand in a terrible storm as Lord Jesus presided over the flood it was causing as part of the ongoing Judgment work of God run by Lord Jesus Himself. Put it down! He whispered to me. It was to show me who was boss not just of me but of nature too. He stopped the torrential rain the moment I obeyed (and obeyed quickly such was the gravitas in that whisper). Nature all around us is subject material for the inspirations given now as in the distant past by the Eternal Holy Spirit who searches all of it and tells about it to disciples who believe. It is the trees and stars we might see daily if lucky enough. Sometimes we are denied such sights by enforced walls or oppressive city life but when we see these natural ordinary wonders of God the Spirit reminds us all to look closely because here is the supreme lesson He teaches that nature constantly obeys the authority of Lord Jesus as it continues daily in its path as season follows season and aeon follows aeon. We too should watch and learn to obey this same Lord now Lord over us too. This was what the Spirit taught me through tongues in church and interpretation He graciously gave me for my belief in God. Then years later another lesson to just go look up a verse in a Bible of scriptures on a table in my room where He whispered a certain chapter would have a lesson for me. The lesson was in the margin of that chapter so He must have seen that exact version in the room He knew I would use to look it up. His proof was the fact the cross reference pointed to the exact verse I had silently been considering as I meditated. You will see greater things than these, said Jesus Christ that time to the disciple Nathaniel. Fot Nathaniel the insignificant fig tree Jesus saw him meditating under became so significant. So it is with me now. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever, as Simon Peter wrote. Yet the greatest aid to  teaching that God The Father has ever used is the lifeless body of His only dear Son, Jesus Christ, there lain out for us after the blood had been shed by crucifixion and a Roman soldier's spear. This lifeless body says everything God wants to say. It speaks of God loving us that much.