Translate

Friday 4 November 2016

Baptism

I was baptised into Christ as a teen so in that sense I belong to Him and have a duty to be true to Him (as if my baptism were a vow to do so). I get the benefits but I have the duties too. Do churches still baptise people who believe or are they ashamed to baptise nowadays? Or maybe they are baptising people who do not really believe and by doing this filling the church with unbelievers? Or do many churches have all their attendership full of people never baptised and never sure about Jesus being the Christ. The benefits of believing and being baptised seem in my own experience to be that Christ looks out for you and God gives Spirit and miracles to confirm you in your belief in what He says. Faith is key but combined with baptism into Christ it is life abundant.