Translate

Sunday 20 May 2018

Heavenly Places

HEAVENLY PLACES

Book of Enoch refers to the place where angels and God and the Son of Man dwell and have the throne of God they refer to a place where fire is underfoot and between the crystals of the walls and flows as a river of fire. The descriptions match caverns such as the Cave of Crystals in Mexico https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_the_Crystals but before the magma disappeared and so the mountain in question must have such caverns within it. These Cave of Crystals magma chambers were not at all accessible from outside until mining shafts were accidentally drilled into them. There must be many such caverns in many moumtains aroond the world. The descriptions in the Book of Enoch would be entirely consistent with some such caverns. These places originally huge chambers full of water and become lined with extremely large crystals which are thought to form on the walls and floor and ceiling as water seeps into the chamber bring into it sulphur and when magma heats the water the sulphur and other minerals are concentrated next to the chamber surfaces. If the heat of the magma drives away the water completely through gaps in the rocky walls the huge chamber lined with crystals and magma. These chambers are potentially extremely hot and potentially very humid because they are heated by the magma and there is no way for the heat to escape. The magma might flow around the floor too. Enoch described the pair of two chambers linked by a portal and these chambers were very both hot very cold and lined with crystals mingled with fire and with a river of fire and the crystal throne of God there in the middle and a huge expanse above it. In one of the crystal chambers he saw God and cherubim and other kinds of angels and that the archangels the Son of Man entered it. 

The Book of Enoch has two passages about these places - in the R H Charles translation they are chapters 14 and 71. 

Book of Enoch chapter 14: 

9. And I went in till I drew nigh to a wall which is built of crystals and surrounded by tongues of fire: and it began to affright me. And I went into the tongues of fire and drew nigh to a large house which was built of crystals: and the walls of the house were like a tesselated floor (made) of crystals, and its groundwork was of crystal. 11. Its ceiling was like the path of the stars and the lightnings, and between them were fiery cherubim, and their heaven was (clear as) water. 12. A flaming fire surrounded the walls, and its portals blazed with fire. 13. And I entered into that house, and it was hot as fire and cold as ice: there were no delights of life therein: fear covered me, and trembling got hold upon me. 14. And as I quaked and trembled, I fell upon my face. 15. And I beheld a vision, And lo! there was a second house, greater than the former, 
and the entire portal stood open before me, and it was built of flames of fire. 16. And in every respect it so excelled in splendour and magnificence and extent that I cannot describe to you its splendour and its extent. 17. And its floor was of fire, and above it were lightnings and the path of the stars, and its ceiling also was flaming fire. 18. And I looked and saw ⌈⌈therein⌉⌉ a lofty throne: its appearance was as crystal, and the wheels thereof as the shining sun, and there was the vision of cherubim. 19. And from underneath the throne came streams of flaming fire so that I could not look thereon. 20. And the Great Glory sat thereon, and His raiment shone more brightly than the sun and was whiter than any snow. 21. None of the angels could enter and could behold His face by reason of the magnificence and glory and no flesh could behold Him. 22. The flaming fire was round about Him, and a great fire stood before Him, and none around could draw nigh Him: ten thousand times ten thousand (stood) before Him, yet He needed no counselor. 23. And the most holy ones who were nigh to Him did not leave by night nor depart from Him. 

The Book of Enoch chapter 71: 

1. And it came to pass after this that my spirit was translated
And it ascended into the heavens:
And I saw the holy sons of God.
They were stepping on flames of fire:
Their garments were white [and their raiment],
And their faces shone like snow.
2. And I saw two streams of fire,
And the light of that fire shone like hyacinth,
And I fell on my face before the Lord of Spirits.
3. And the angel Michael [one of the archangels] seized me by my right hand,
And lifted me up and led me forth into all the secrets,
And he showed me all the secrets of righteousness.
4. And he showed me all the secrets of the ends of the heaven,
And all the chambers of all the stars, and all the luminaries,
Whence they proceed before the face of the holy ones.
5. And he translated my spirit into the heaven of heavens,
And I saw there as it were a structure built of crystals,
And between those crystals tongues of living fire.
6. And my spirit saw the girdle which girt that house of fire,
And on its four sides were streams full of living fire,
And they girt that house.
7. And round about were Seraphin, Cherubic, and Ophannin:
And these are they who sleep not
And guard the throne of His glory.
8. And I saw angels who could not be counted,
A thousand thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand,
Encircling that house.