Translate

Saturday 10 July 2021

God is Not a Trinity

 God the Father came to me in a dream at, I think, the end of 1994, then did me a tremendous favour in 1995 in showing me Jesus, sending Jesus to me albeit very briefly, and then God graciously did even more by allowing me to experience the Holy Spirit so markedly in a church service not long afterwards. All after I spent time repeatedly asking God, who I thought was a ‘Trinity’, to show Himself, Father and Son and Holy Spirit. In fact God the Father said in the dream “I am God”. NOT “I am God together with my Son and the Holy Spirit”. That struck me. Just the Father telling me “I am God” and going on to tell me more and show His loving, saving kindness towards someone I knew. I remained Trinitarian though for years afterwards, not putting it together with scripture. Only much later did it dawn on me the significance of it regarding the Father, that He alone is the only true God and that Jesus is His Son sent by Him. Someone challenged me about the scriptural descriptions of the Son of God NOT calling Him ‘God the Son’ and the penny finally dropped. So all this was God showing me knowledge by experience. It took years to turn that tacit experiential knowledge into something I could explain to others with use of scripture too. All for the purpose of building the Temple. “Build the Temple” is the command the Holy Spirit told me that started all this off earlier in the 1990s. But the details I have omitted to keep it shorter and because the details would be lost on people without knowing the background.