Translate

Monday 19 July 2021

The One True God - the Father

 I would say to both Oneness and Trinitarian advocates that the Father alone is the One True God and that Jesus is His Son and is a human being. Given that both Jesus and Paul are recorded by scriptures as stating unequivocally that the Father is the One True God, it is odd how both Trinitarians and Oneness advocates cannot recognise this. Indeed, having grown up in a house with parents from both sides, I feel a silly voice within me, instilled by years of learning their views, when in genuine faith I acknowledge to the Father that He alone is the One True God and that the mediation by the man, the Lord Jesus, allows me to come to this One True God, the Father, that silly voice tells me erroneously ‘Jesus won’t like you saying that, it isn’t fair on Jesus’ as if it is leaving Jesus out of being God, as if He wants a share of that special glory. It is a spiritual influence which blinds people, in the past myself included, in the present trying to still blind me, to the simple truth that the Father alone is the One True God. No Jesus is NOT offended when we confess this truth. He came to proclaim it and bring humans to this realisation and peace. Shut out that imposter voice. Listen to the true Holy Spirit instead.