Translate

Wednesday 22 May 2024

My Gospel

 Many think they are simply following some Bible verses with Oneness or Trinity when actually those verses were around when Jesus was around and the apostles did not let them stop them following Jesus without any Oneness or Trinity. Other verses show a more complete picture which is why the few OT verses cited by Oneness proponents were not a problem. After the Temple destruction some new rabbis took over, Akiva, Simeon, Aquila. Their teachings are what Oneness and Trinity are unknowingly actually following. Their teaching redefined monotheism among Jews, to create modern Judaism. That is what is influencing Oneness and Trinity theology. Not the Bible. The Shema? It certainly holds. It is referring to the Father. Jesus taught that the Father alone is the One True God. The Father is the Most High God forever and is One. So how about another verse. “I am he… besides me there is no other.” Again the Father Himself expresses being The One True God. To me He said “I am God” but He still showed me that Jesus is His only-begotten Son. There is no conflict. That leaves something else Oneness and Trinity proponents must be following. I believe it is the Rabbinical Judaism of Rabbis Akiva, Simeon, Aquila and then the Geonim and the Tulmud. These determine Oneness and Trinity beliefs. The Rabbis also indirectly brought about Oneness and Trinity dogma by their revising of the principles of Judaistic Monotheism to exclude any significant “second power”. They were called out by Justin Martyr for trying to destroy the Christian faith. They succeeded. They removed the faith in a second power, the Son. Now I am bringing it back - so help me God. This is my gospel. Biblical Unitarians are doing so too, but they do not usually preach his preexistence. I preach his preexistence. And I preach that the Holy Spirit is a third testimony and a distinct being. I discount a divine shared essence. I find no need for a shared divine essence when preaching there are three distinct beings, only one of whom is Most High God (I believe and teach that the so-called essence -  subtantia, ousis - was an idea of Tertullian to align with the Pharisee Rabbis and compete with Oneness).