Translate

Sunday 17 January 2016

Faith That Works Miracles

I have tried to set aside unbelief and adhere to messages of the Gospel like the gospel of John. Then by God's grace and the faith I have from that grace I perceive it when God, Jesus and the Spirit of Truth do things to show themselves to me so I then believe all the more but I have to bolster it because I forget what happens that made me believe. I know I have a commitment of love to keep believing so I deliberately reinforce my belief by reminding myself of the things that made me certain and I fight off silly thinking that crept in since. If silly thinking contradictory to what I experienced with certainty is wisdom it doesn't seem so to me. With doubts I tend to entertain them normally like many do - like you do. It might be delusional to think it improves wisdom to entertain doubts but I have a tendency or habit I suppose. In some cases of religious action of making something God's business in obedience to Him - then I do fight doubt, as Jesus taught. It is such a battle sometimes I keep it for special situations - I think they are predetermined sometimes by God because special faith sometimes kicks in like nitro in a 'Fast and Furious' modified street racing car.  So here is something. As social creatures wanting to fit in we do wicked things (seen TV program on this). Now I know I could be wicked by associations of day to day life influencing me. I really don't want to be wicked so I try to have association as much as I can with Jesus Christ (believing He is) so I seek to do miracles of faith and things like this writing which might lend itself to His association with me as I do it. This is to maximise influence His righteousness has on me so I am less likely to be wicked in other parts of my life - like coming across a needy migrant as we've discussed. It is faith allowing this (without it I would think I was mad and stop but then probably be as wicked as the world around me).