Translate

Monday 29 May 2017

My Reliable Sources and My Certianty

The Book of Enoch states that Enoch was "seventh from Adam" and in the first century was quoted by the natural brother of Jesus Christ in saying this. Then thousands of years later archeologists discovered several versions of the Sumerian King List some of which were near extant tablets and these state that Enoch (Enmendurana who received the calendar and other knowledge by angel visitations and was taken to be with them) was seventh in succession from Adam (Alulim the first ever king of Sumer who had no parents or predecessor becauses he was created) - how would that have happened unless simply it was true and these texts all preserved that truth. I rely not on scientific source but I rely on the Book of Enoch and the Holy Spirit (saying the same things through xenoglossia) but get help from the archeology I already knew. But here is what I really rely on:  I wanted spiritual gifts all my life and eventually God heard my prayers and a local leader back in athe mid nineties took me to a church where he said I would receive what I so earnestly sought. At the meeting a leader gave a message at the mic in tongues. So beautiful the words and not babble but real angelic sentences in a definite language but out of this world. (Years later I learned a technical term for it is xenoglossia.) I had a feeling of pressure on me which was the Holy Spirit and as each sentence was spoken it inspired pictures and  English words in my mind which were a glorious prophesy about the glory of the power of the Lord Jesus' name and authority and how trees bud and produce leaves by it. I'd never heard such things. Then the speaker stopped and started speaking in English and his words were the very words I heard. I reckon this was interpretation of tongues. It is a gift. It is not itself tongues but was great and certainly the Holy Spirit. Since then I heard Him speak to me too and prove to me it was Him. I never spoke in tonges but it sure is the Holy Spirit God gave me.
A little later I saw a book, The Book of Enoch translated by R H Charles, in an SPCK bookshop and opened it and flicking through saw words almost matching the words I heard in tongues with interpretation so I knew I must accept that this book was a work of this same Holy Spirit. In reading it I might have had that faith sorely tested though were it not for the archeology I had studied. Here is the kind of thing I read in it that first look: "Observe how the trees cover themselves with green leaves and bear fruit: wherefore give ye heed with regard to all, and recognize how He that liveth for ever hath made them so. And His works go on from year to year for ever, and all the tasks they accomplish for Him, and change not, but according as hath ordained so is it done."