Translate

Monday 4 October 2021

My journey to faith

 Build the Temple, I was told. God tasks believers each with tasks involved in building each other up. But to build effectively we need to be able to preach by the spirit and by knowledge of God, power, love. So I complained to God that I knew too little about Him in reality. I had ideas and a tendency to think or pretend to know more than I actually knew: Like so many others who preach and teach about God. I asked for real knowledge. He gave me a little of it. Enough to keep me occupied for twenty-five years! My mother had raised me to read the Bible as a child. I got all my original doctrine from reading the Bible even before attending church main services. When I grew older and listened to sermons, in a Baptist church our family attended, it upset me that the Trinitarianism clearly did not come from the Bible. As a favour to them, I thought, I tried to find ways to stretch verses to fit Trinitarianism. God forgive me. I was confused though. Happily it all makes sense now God spoke to me directly saying “I am God” and showing me Jesus truly is His Son, sealing it by the Holy Spirit telling me about Jesus’ name. Then I discovered in a Christian bookshop the Book of Enoch. It had passages so exactly matching what the Holy Spirit had told me. So I knew it was truly inspired and sacred. I formed groups to study it and met others who gave it credence. Also there were others I came across online who helped me reconsider my deeply instilled Trinitarian views. With the help of these online contacts our research eventually told me that the church fathers had set the ball rolling for Trinitarianism and the much later emergence of the 66-book canon which excluded the Book of Enoch and Book of Tobit, but these church fathers were not being solely influenced by Christ in doing so but also by pagan philosophers and by unbelieving Jews who had axes to grind and had things in Christ’s teachings they wanted to suppress. If you strip away historic worldly philosophical Trinitarian distortions and unbelieving Jewish suppressions, what is left? You are left with scriptures and the power of God as evidence. Together they provide documentary and experiential evidence of Jesus having been conceived by the Holy Spirit in a holy way, together with the contrast in the Book of Enoch with unholy conceptions by the Watchers. It all puts a distinct slant on who Jesus is, slightly but significantly different from the later Church Trinitarian version without the Book of Enoch. Jesus is still the only begotten Son of God but it is this which gives Him divinity rather than a Trinitarian philosophical dogma mixed with Neoplatonist concepts like hypostasis. You get the Father alone being the One True God but Jesus being the only begotten son of this One True God, sacredly conceived by the Holy Spirit and sent to be the Christ, to testify of the Father and to die for sins and rise from the dead to live forever. The Son of Man who will soon judge us all. The master of the house of God. No philosophy. Faith.