Translate

Thursday 28 October 2021

The Gameplay

 I regularly play a game app. The app developers are having fun. Most of the app game events seem to be random but often it is clear that some of them aren’t. It is all asynchronous, which means game events are happening all at once and for the most part independently yet they do relate to each other. Now and then a scenario occurs which seems to be foreseen by the game app developers. It is sometimes evident that having foreseen a particular scenario occurring, they determined some of the previously not-so-random events leading up to that scenario to impact that scenario, to influence the outcome, mostly for improved gameplay experience. It strikes me that since developers of software can do this, so can the Creator of all things. He gives us works to do in otherwise random-looking situations, which He prepared in advance. I know I get nervous when something that requires my involvement looks like it was predetermined, because I am not sure who could be pulling the strings, but God is the greatest string-puller and wants to influence events righteously by involving us in whom He is at work.