Translate

Saturday 7 April 2018

Advice to those who have read the gospel of John and want to know Jesus

If you have read the Gospel of John and you want to know Jesus then here is a piece of advice - if you have read John 14 - in John's gospel are commands and teachings to meditate on and to do as much as you can and to prepare to do in future - how about you have a go at obeying all the teachings you can obey with proper understanding (patiently waiting to obey others when understanding comes) then take the promises in John 14 to heart and earnestly ask Jesus to actually (when you know you are obeying where you can) show Himself directly to you and that God visit you too - like in the promise He gave in verse 21:

"Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

and also ask earnestly that the Holy Spirit too will be shown to you and given to you like in verse 15-17

"If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth."

This is what you need deep down in a way scripture alone cannot give - it is the right thing to do:

John 5:39-40 "You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life."