Translate

Thursday 5 April 2018

What I believe

I hear it often said or implied or commented that in this life we cannot be free of sin: We need to wait to be perfected after this life ends. I believe this is utterly false and horrendously misleading. I believe the lie or misconception comes from being over pedantic about what it means to stop sinning and be truly saintly. I believe there are some sins we must be freed from and repent and stop doing and this does not mean never ever doing in the slightest way but realistically quitting and no longer being defined by such sins. I should not lie but now and then I might tell myself something that might be false just to see whether it sounds false and to help myself think what the truth might be instead. Yet being truthful at every opportunity keeps me from forming a lying habit. I believe I cannot do this alone but need one man in particular - Jesus Christ alive forever - and the body of believers in Him who can be led by the Holy Spirit to help me quit sin and keep from returning to it. And I need to learn the ways the Holy Spirit leads me (and others) to live in order to please Him and not be taken over by untrustworthy lusts and cravings that lead to sin. All this must be now - starting as soon as possible - and needs faith in who Jesus is and that He was existing since before the Stone Age and will ever live into the future to save me now and then and always even after I die and after Judgement Day. God has no temporary saints. The Father has no temporary children, only permanent ones who in the main have ceased from sin and stay that way, kept by His Son,