Translate

Sunday 15 April 2018

Being saved is an ongoing process

There is more to being saved than a flash of enlightenment and faith. You reach a faith that Jesus has been around like He is today but way way back in the Stone Age and that the work He does in us is very long lasting and never ends because He Himself never ends. Then you happily trust Him to keep things good between you and God and you find at this point God confirms it all by giving you a visit from the Holy Spirit. This is my story and it continues and more and more sins I commit get pointed out and dealt with so I can quit them with a hope that quitting of them can be permanent. All in this life before I die. And He gives me righteous things to do that fulifil His commands. Yet you know that the message of Jesus is that the onus is on us to hold to His teachings and always do so forever.