Translate

Sunday 28 April 2024

He who has seen Jesus has seen the Father

 When I was a child I read about how God had sometimes, very rarely, but actually, in historic reality, appeared to someone in a dream. To Moses it was not in a dream but that was extremely unusual. It impressed me that others who were not Moses could have dreams in which God the Father, the Spirit-being Almighty, appeared in dreams to them. Abimelech was one: Not even a godfearing man. Then Solomon. He was visited one night. For thirty years I asked the Father to do this for me, until He did. He proved it was Him by what He said would happen next day happening (never happened before to me and never since). “I am God” He said. I also asked to encounter the Son, but not visibly (silly me, I thought it was bad to only believe from having seen, and better not to actually see him). The Holy Spirt too. All happened in same few years, the mid nineties, but it seemed like a matter of months. It is not s rebuke-worthy thing to want to see the Father. But He is in Jesus, yes. And for the disciples to have been with Jesus for years seeing the Father do miracles through him over and over, yes, that is something they should have realised they had already seen far more than I saw in one little dream. There is the error and omission. The Lord Jesus had so much of the Father’s activity in his ministry that those who saw his miracles and heard his teachings were more blessed with the presence in their experiences of the Father day after day after day that a visit from God like Moses had would be needless. Not everyone could survive the direct contact with the Father that Moses had. Jesus came to bring the blessing of such contact to ordinary people so they did not need to be Moses. They could be blessed with knowledge of the Father and still live. Live forever in fact. That is why Jesus came. Now I have been happy ever since that dream, delighting in Him, loving Him for it, content and deeply satisfied from it. Now I know whom I have believed, Father and Son and Holy Spirit. No regrets. It is the pearl of great price. Fellowship with the Father and Son and Holy Spirit is the highest thing to seek. It is dwelling in God’s house. It made me aware that the Father is with the Son in what they do and that this Son is my master and is the Lord and is Jesus. The Holy Spirit seals it. If we obey his commands he promises such blessings.