Translate

Saturday 13 April 2024

In Him

 The Son is in those who truly follow him, in just the same way that the Father is in the Son. When I am close to the will of Jesus and his grace is fully at work in me, giving me the guidance I need to do his will and managing and empowering the outcomes, when I am weak but his grace is my only strength, then he is in me and I in him. Yet it is not true that I literally am Jesus Christ and his name should be on my passport. Some eccentric cultic leaders might claim to be Jesus Christ literally. That is not to be taken seriously. “Many will come claiming ‘I am he’ and mislead many.” The sense I might be Jesus Christ is that you can see Jesus Christ in my life, my works and my teachings. It is not about my identity as a person. Of course it isn’t. So with Jesus and the Father.