Translate

Monday 17 June 2024

Two Trinities?

 Trinitarians tell me that the Trinity doctrines just describe what is true about Father, Son and Holy Spirit and a shared reality of God. Nice to think so, if you are convinced about it. So did you know there are two Trinities? The Eastern Orthodox Trinity and the Western tradition Trinity. They are different. How then can one or both merely describe reality? Which describes it truly? Does any describe it truly? Personally I find no support in scripture for any shared essence of God, other than shared teachings from the Father. I grew up learning the Bible long before I heard sermons on Trinity, so I am happy with the Bible and my personal experiences of Father and Son and Holy Spirit wherein the Father teaches me He alone is the one true God. Even the Son will forever be subject to the Father when he hands over the kingdom to the Father for eternity. 1 Cor 15, Rev 22.