Translate

Wednesday, 16 September 2026

AI

 AI, artificial intelligence, is something of a divider of opinion. I am sometimes astonished how irresponsible some are about using AI. On the other hand, I find it is a great help in my studies and my daily writing of blogging posts. It can be like an excellent magnifying glass to look closely at what I have written. If the AI correctly ‘understands’ my writing, it responds in such a way that it covers my points well, clearly having understood these points, perhaps in the vein in which they were written, and as I intended they be understood.  So if the AI can understand my intended meaning, maybe my human readers can too. Now and then it finds a way to fill a gap in what I write. I treat this carefully because it might be influencing me incorrectly, or unspiritually, or even erroneously. Usually it does not add extra meaning at all, but merely words with more clarity what I wrote, a bit like translating it, except into plainer English rather than another language. I understand how reliance on AI for content has serious dangers over time, if AI starts providing the future training material for future AI. This can cause amplification of errors and loss of nuances of meaning best understood by humans. It can offend some readers too. So I try to maximise what I write by my own mind and spiritual experience, as much as possible in the wording I am spiritually learning to use. There is a sweet spot, with maximal benefit from the AI, mainly used to test the human wording rather than rewrite it. But AI is likely to be very poorly used by many. This could result in extremely dire consequences. We used to say (worded mire strongly than I do here) in the earlier days of computerisation: To err is human, but it takes a computer to really mess things up.